Sunday, August 15, 2021

03/09/2008 - Breaking 300 - Going Down!

AS SPARKPEOPLE IS CLOSING, I'M MOVING MY BLOGS HERE TO RETAIN THE HISTORY.

Last year, I'd been flirting with 300 - usually weighing in around 295-298... then one day, I stepped on the scale and it read 301. I thought I was going to sink through the floor... and promptly got depressed and ate at least half a bag of Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles! Then I thought I could reverse the trend, but that didn't happen - instead it crept up... and up... and up... until I hit 312 at the start of my SparkPeople journey a month ago.

This past week was rough - I worked an extra hour each day at work, got stuck in traffic multiple days, was fighting off a head-cold, felt sluggish, and was in general pretty stressed out... so I didn't have much hope for today's weigh in...

However, despite having a rough week, I stayed within my calorie range all week, got in my veggies and water, and my promised 15-minute minimum of cardio each day and even a few upper body strength training sessions... and that pure determination to do all that got me a four pound loss this week!

I couldn't believe it... I got on the scale and thought it was wrong. So I got off, reset it, and did it again. And again. And then I moved the scale and did it again, and again. And it kept reading the same thing... 298. So I went to my parent's house and used their scale. And weighed myself 3 or 4 more times... and their scale also said 298. I still can't quite believe it... It was really hard not to start crying... going over it (the 300 mark) going up was one thing... but going over it going down is a whole other feeling.

I knew I wanted to celebrate this milestone - even if it's only a 14 pound loss overall... because I will never, ever see 300 again. NEVER, EVER.

So the first thing I did was post my weigh in for the White Hawks - it felt awesome to know I was helping out my team!

As a "treat" I went to Target to get a stability ball. I knew I wanted to get one to add to my strength training workouts - which I'm in the process of developing!

The third thing I did was to throw out a shirt that I've had for years... and I mean years... It was a stripped shirt with a v-neck that I always had loved... but my ex hated it... so after we split (which was more than 4 years ago) I always got a little bit of satisfaction about wearing it. Stupid, but true. However, it's long been downgraded to a "grubby" shirt to wear around the house - and in the past couple of months, it's really gone from bad to worse - splitting up one of the side seams and getting a small hole in the shoulder... So I took the shirt this morning, told it good-bye and put it in the garbage... My mom questioned this, and I told her that "I don't need it anymore," and I don't. I'm on a new journey to get healthy FOR ME and for MY FUTURE and getting rid of that shirt symbolized letting go of the old me and the past.

The last thing I did was to move to Stage 2 and to say good-bye to Fast Break! I didn't want to make that jump too soon - but after today and this last week, I know that I'm ready for what's next!

I want to thank all the wonderful people that I've met on here who have been so motivational and inspirational! I could not have done this without your support... and I know I'll be forever grateful for SparkPeople and all the Sparkling People that I've met!



No comments:

Post a Comment